Saturday, October 17, 2009

CSA Week 7




The chilly weather today was accompanied by a change in our CSA share items this week. Joining our weekly array of greens of various sorts, the color red makes a dramatic appearance along with a vegetable I associate with holiday dinners at my grandparents: the turnip (or is it rutabaga?).

  • Mustard greens
  • Basil
  • Arugula
  • Kale
  • RED okra
  • red, hot peppers
  • eggs
I'm tempted to try another solo okra dish this week, as I've heard the red variety is less "slimy" than the green. The turnip may also receive individual treatment. I will add the mustard greens to the dish I intended to make this past week, chickpeas and mustard greens with balsamic glaze. 


Chuck is somewhere playing with Ticho. The haul smells delicious, so she must be having fun because she didn't undertake her weekly inspection.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

 
Kudya Bwino Bwino (Eating Well) © 2009