Saturday, February 6, 2010

Kale Crisps - Three ways

Every now and then you discover a way of preparing something that is so simple, you have to marvel. I give you kale crisps. I love kale raw, especially on sandwiches. This is a fabulous alternative.

** Oh, no. I just had the first food disaster due to blogging. While writing this, I forgot that I had set a pot of collard greens on the stove. The water boiled off. I now have a house filled with smoke, ruined 2# of greens, and destroyed a ham bone I'd been saving for weeks.**

Ah well, back to the kale...

The Method
I'm offering three variations on these crisps.

  • 1 large bunch of kale leaves, washed, drained, and dried
  • olive oil
  • sea salt
  • curry powder (optional)
  • shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
  1. Preheat the oven to 350.
  2. Toss the kale with olive oil. (Do not do this if you are topping it with shredded cheese.)
  3. (Optional) Sprinkle with curry powder and toss to very lightly coat.
  4. Place on baking sheet in a single layer.
  5. Sprinkle very lightly with salt.
  6. (Optional #2) Sprinkle with grated cheese.
  7. Bake for 8-11 minutes, until the edges just begin to brown.
The Results
Amazing! I need say nothing more.

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Alisa said...

Yum,love kale chips.I saw your site from the foodieblogroll and if you won't mind, I'd love to guide foodista readers to your site.Just add a Foodista widget here at the end of this blog post and it's ready to go.Thanks!

pierre said...

hi jim I am not sure about the translation of kale but I even do not recognise it !! CHeers from a cold paris Pierre

pierre said...

hi jim
I miss your posts !!!
Pierre

Wedding Questions said...

Kale chips look good. Sorry about the ham bone, that is poopy, especially when you have been saving it.

 
Kudya Bwino Bwino (Eating Well) © 2009